Appropriate Manners when Playing Golf
When it is your first time to play golf, you will have to know the important things to do as a first timer. Because you can be a minefield for you especially if you don’t know the official rules when playing it.
1. This important to be punctual especially if you made a booking for The initial hole in golf as this Is the polite way to do so. Never ever make any practice swings.
2. It is a no-no to take a shot directly behind another player as to avoid getting ahead of him or her so just turn to the right.
3. A divot is A piece of turf cut out of the ground Buy a golf club or a 60 degree vokey wedge In making a stroke, so if you have done this then you should always replace the pitch marks on the green.
4. If you’ve lost a ball, Then you should know that you must continue with the provisional ball but you will have the penalty of one stroke but this does not apply if the ball was lost in a water hazard therefore you should do your best to look for the ball to stop playing the provisional shot.
5. it is also very important that the get in go to mind your pacing, check the group ahead of you and also mind the group behind you who are waiting for their turn.
6. Raking the bunker or the sandtrap is another important at the get to observe after you finished or you can use your 60 degree vokey wedge.
7. It is completely understandable that it is very exciting as a first timer to play golf on the green however you are not the only person or group on the field and it is only appropriate to wait for both players ahead of yours to be done playing on the green. Never intentionally or unintentionally place your bag or golf cart on the green but just leave them on the site next to you so that it will be easy for you to enter once they are done.
Don’t walk on your opponent’s putting line but if you’re going to mark the position of your ball then do it by using a ball marker directly just behind the ball, but if it will interfere with anothergolf players line then you can just mark on the side, also don’t forget to replace the ball from where you picked it up.
9. Shouting “fore” When playing golf is actually a safety measure to warn someone that a golf ball will hit them so if you think that your ball will hit somebody then don’t hesitate to shout this word or if you heard someone shouting this then just cover your head with your arms and crouch down.
Golf is one fantastic game so simply following these proper manners when playing it will help this make it more enjoyable.